Have you ever wondered if you might have TMJ dysfunction? Do you have seemingly unexplainable pain in your face, neck, or shoulders? Below is a short questionnaire to help you determine if you need to visit Dr. Askari for TMJ treatment.
- Does your jaw make popping or clicking noises when your mouth moves?
- Are your teeth worn down?
- Have you ever found yourself grinding, clenching, or gnashing your teeth unnecessarily?
- Do you wake up in the morning and experience facial pain, soreness of the tissues around the jawbone, or headaches?
- Do you find that, at times, you are unable to open your mouth wide?
- Does your jawbone area hurt when you eat, drink, or move your mouth?
- Have you ever experienced unexplainable ringing in the ears?
- Do you experience toothaches, especially among your back molars?
- Are you prone to headaches, neck pain, and shoulder pain?
- Do you suffer from migraines?
- Do you experience chronic or severe facial pain concentrated near your jawbone, around your mouth, and/or below your ears?
- Has your sleep partner complained that you grind or gnash your teeth in your sleep?
- Have you received complaints about your snoring?
- Do you wake up gasping for air throughout the night?
If you answered yes to one or more of these questions, you might have TMJ dysfunction. Many times, TMJ disorder manifests problems throughout the entire body. Reducing your quality of life and comfort throughout the day, TMJ dysfunction can affect many facets of your overall health. If you think you might have TMJ-related problems, visit Dr. Askari for an assessment. Trained and experienced with recognizing TMJ disorders, she can provide customized treatments for your individual needs and attempt to find the root cause of your TMJ misalignment.
If you believe you have TMJ disorder, contact Dr. Askari at (248) 566-6490 to schedule an appointment at Comfort Dental Spa. Dr. Askari is committed to providing comprehensive care to her patients. Our staff serves residents of Farmington Hills, Southfield, Northfield, Livonia, Dearborn, and the surrounding Detroit communities.