Have you ever wondered if you might have TMJ dysfunction? Do you have seemingly unexplainable pain in your face, neck, or shoulders? Do you have other TMD symptoms? Below is a short questionnaire to help you determine if you need to visit Dr. Askari for TMJ treatment.
- Does your jaw make popping or clicking noises when your mouth moves?
- Are your teeth worn down?
- Have you ever found yourself grinding, clenching, or gnashing your teeth?
- Does your bed mate complain of you grinding your teeth during the night?
- Do you wake up in the morning and experience facial pain, soreness in the tissues around the jawbone, or headaches?
- Do you find that, at times, you are unable to open your mouth wide?
- Do your jaws hurt when you eat, drink, or move your mouth?
- Have you ever experienced unexplainable ringing in the ears?
- Do you experience toothaches, especially on molars?
- Are you prone to headaches, neck pain, low back pain, and/or shoulder pain?
- Do you suffer from migraines?
- Do you experience chronic or severe facial pain concentrated near your jaw joints, around your mouth, and/or below your ears?
- Are you a carpel tunnel patient?
If you answered yes to one or more of these questions, you might have TMJ dysfunction. Many times, TMJ disorder manifests problems throughout the entire body. Reducing your quality of life and comfort throughout the day, TMJ dysfunction can affect many facets of your overall health. If you think you might have TMJ-related problems, visit Dr. Askari for an assessment. Trained and experienced with recognizing TMJ disorders, she can provide customized treatments for your individual needs and attempt to find the root cause of your TMJ misalignment.
If you believe you have TMJ disorder, contact Dr. Askari at (248) 566-6490 to schedule an appointment at Comfort Dental Spa. Dr. Askari is committed to providing comprehensive care to her patients. Our staff serves residents of Farmington Hills,Southfield, Northfield, Livonia, Dearborn, and the surrounding Detroit communities.